Monday, February 20, 2012
stir-fried broccoli with tofu and cashews
One of the quickest ways to put together a good dish for unexpected guests is a stir-fry. And a sure way of coming up with consistently great results is having a bottle of Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce in your pantry.
This recipe calls for the following.
One large head of broccoli
Five cloves of garlic
One block of frozen tofu
A fistful of roasted cashews
Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce
Vegetable oil for frying tofu and for sauteing
(01) Thaw the frozen tofu and cut into cubes.
(02) Heat vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry the tofu cubes until completely cooked. You can tell because bubbles will stop coming out of the cubes.
(03) Remove the tofu from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
(04) Cut the broccoli head into florets and peel and cut the stalk into sticks.
(05) Peel the garlic and coarsely chop.
(06) Heat a little oil in a pan and saute garlic only until fragrant.
(07) Once the garlic turns fragrant, add the cashews and saute for about a minute.
(08) Add the broccoli and turn the heat on high. Stir-fry the broccoli until it turns bright green. It helps to maintain the vegetable's crunch if you throw in a dash of water every now and then to get a nice steam going.
(09) Add the tofu cubes and enough Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce to lightly coat everything.
(10) Cook for about a minute and remove from heat. Serve with steamed rice.